Special Loan Schemes
A customised loan scheme that provides financial support for employees of the government Institutions.
Special Loan Scheme for Ministry of Defense
A customised loan scheme that provides financial support for employees of the following Institutions.
- Staff of the Defense Ministry
- Sri Lanka Army
- Sri Lanka Navy
- Sri Lanka Air Force
- Defense University of Sir John Kothalawala
- Sri Lanka Coast Guard
- Sri Lanka Intelligence Services
- National Dangerous Drugs Control Board
- Applicant should be a confirmed permanent Government employee or Widow of a deceased Army soldier
Purpose of the Loan Scheme
- To construct or purchase a house.
- To purchase a block of land to build a house.
- To extend the existing house.
- To complete construction of partly built house.
- To effect improvements/repairs to the existing house.
- To purchase properties for agricultural purposes.
- To finance the requirements of tourism, agricultural and fishing.
- To redeem loans obtained from a recognized financial institutions for above purposes.
- Minimum loan amount Rs.100,000/-
- Maximum Loan amount
– Mortgage Loan Scheme Rs.50Mn
– Property Personal Loan Rs.50Mn
– Personal Loan scheme Rs.5mn
- Minimum-One year
- Maximum Mortgage Loan Scheme – 25 years (Age up to 70 years)
- Property personal Loan – 15 years (Age up to 70 years)
- Personal Loan Scheme – 10 years (Age up to 60 years/ Retirement
- Duly completed application form
- Copy of NIC, Driving License or valid Passport
- Letter from the employer confirming the employee details and salary.
- Any other documents required if any upon bank request